Tuesday 25 October 2011

Patio Improvement - Planning stages

As the weather starts to warm up, I am finding myself heading outside more and more.

Sadly our undercover area is lacking the love.  Which is a pity, as this is our outlook from the kitchen and family room.


And as you step outside it looks so much worse...



So I have set myself a budget of $500 again.  And because it worked so well with the study, I sat down with hubby and we talked about what we liked, didn't like, and what we wanted.  This time we were fairly agreeable, that doesn't happen much, which it was a nice change.

What we like about it:
The large space
...hmmm and that is about it

What we don't like:
It's messy - not enough storage for things like shoes.
It's dusty and dirty
the unused gym equipment
The dog bed

What we want in the space:
more seating
lounge
bigger table
storage
fans
better lighting
cafe style blinds - for weather protection.
heating for winter

I can't wait to get started.  I just need so time off from work (shame I need to work to get money to pay for this).

Until next time

  

No comments:

Post a Comment