Wednesday, 19 October 2011

How everything came together in the study

This is what I started with

I really didn't know where to begin.  But I was going to get rid of the desk and paint the bookcase.  So I found some mistinted paint at the hardware store and got to work on the bookcase. Moving it closer to the opening of the room, gave me more room to play with (so I could fit a bigger desk in).

Looking much better already. 

But, this is some of what I pulled off the bookcase...

Where did it all come from?? ?
I needed somewhere to put all this "stuff".  So I put up 2 rows of shelves.  Just 4 planks of wood on brackets.  Then painted them same colour as the bookcase.

In the meantime, I came across a filing cabinet and bedside cabinet to use as a base for the new desk.  These were painted the same colour as the shelves and bookcase.  And had new handles attached.  The desk was from the top of our old entertainement unit, and fitted the space next to the bookcase perfectly.  This was just lucky, I hadn't done any pre measuring.

Next came the chalkboard calander.

However the other side of the room still needed some work.

While I waited for the ideal desk to jump in my lap, I started to improve and purchase the accessories.

The second desk did "jump in my lap".  You can read about that here

And I have a study that I enjoy using, love looking at, and is a vast improvement on the eyesore we once had.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah
    It looks great. You should be so proud of yourself. You did a great job.
    Cheers Kylie x