Sunday 14 August 2011

Couch cover

I have started the study.  I will show you the progress when I get more progressed.  

Until then I want to show you the remainder of the family room.  This is what it looked like at the beginning of the transformation.


I moved the dining table against the windows and upcycled an old cabinet.  I showed you this here.  But in case you have forgotten, this is what it then looked like



But that left a dirty great big gap to the right, where the table used to be.  Sort of shown in this picture.

I did a bit of reading in blog land and found a video series by Miss Mustard Seed.  She showed how to make a slip cover for a chair.  I just used the same skills for a couch.  The only problem was that the couch had a chaise.  See. 

Not pretty, but it was cheap.

You can find Miss Mustard Seeds video tutorials here, I have given the link to the final part of her tutorial, as this page has links to all the other 5 videos.  When you make the slip covers you make them inside out, so when you turn it right way out everything is on the opposite side.  Doesn't work for the chaise, and my head could not get round how to solve it...other than cutting the chaise off and making a couch and ottoman.  So that is what I did.  And this is the end result.





I love this end result, and the slip covers have come in handy with the kids.  I am about to wash some chocolate off them.  They are just getting chucked in the washing machine.  Gotta love that.

The (almost) end result looks like this


It's not perfect and I would love to improve the pictures on the wall, but they are hubbys sports memorabilia, and I guess he lives here too.

Take care


No comments:

Post a Comment