All right, so two weeks ago we got a new mattress delivered. Both Hubby and I were complaining of bad backs of a morning and the mattress we had was at least 150 years old. Well maybe not 150 years, but well over 15 years old. and lets just say the springs had sprung.
We put the new mattress on the frame we have, and wowzers, and it is twice the size of the old mattress. I feel like a little kid climbing climbing up into a big bed. I actually caught my toe (twice) climbing back into bed during the night (half asleep), because I hadn't lifted my leg up high enough to clear the mattress. But it is sooooooo cumfy and we are both sleeping so well.
I have also ordered some new blinds for our windows, they will be installed next week (Yay). They are nothing fancy, but at least we will be able to open them and let in some sunlight. The current bamboo blinds, dont retract up the wall and the string is frayed. They were elcheapos, and didn't really block out the light first thing in the morning (our bedroom is Easterly facing, so catches the very first rays of light).
I now wanted to make my bedroom more of a haven rather than just a place to sleep. The bedroom setting we picked out 10 years ago (when I didn't know any better). It was purchased with our wedding money so hubby wouldn't be keen for me to swap out pieces, or paint, or other DIY to the bedroom furniture. So, the easiest thing was to improve my accessories (for now). I started with some twine, bottles and hot glue and combined the three together to get ...
I love the look of the bottle. The dresser display...mmm... not so much.
So I glued some twine to polystyrene balls and more bottles. Cleared the counter of everything that I didn't like (turns out it was just the bottle left) and rebuilt the accessories with items I had floating around the house.
I love the top if the dresser now. And it cost me $2 for the two balls of twine. My first accessorising, I think it was a success, even if I do say so myself.