Friday 9 December 2011

Christmas Wreath for under $10


No, wait, it gets better.  All the items I bought brand new at Spotlight (a haberdashery and craft store here 'down under'), the only items I had at home was my hot glue gun (and glue of course) and a few extra baubles.  I guess Spotlight was having a sale or something 'cause I got everything C.H.E.A.P.

Wreath $7  $3.50
2 metres of ribbon $0.96
16 pc ornament set $2.50  $1.25

Total cost $5.71

I should re-label the heading as Christmas Wreath for a tad over $5.00

I am loving the customised look for much cheaper than mass produced.

This was a project I did with Little Angel.  And when you're three, there is no time to wait, so I didn't get great photos of the during - who am I kidding, I didn't get any.  Here is a rushed before photo.


Little Angel picked the ornaments to glue, I applied the glue to the back of the ornament, and with Little Angel being very careful, she applied the ornament to the wreath (with a little guideance from me).

We measured the ribbon length and tied and glued it to the wreath (the knot is hidden at the back of the wreath). 


We then made a bow, and glued it to the front. 


We installed it to the door using an upside down Command hook on the inside of the door.


By the way I picked up some 12 clear glass baubles for $5.00. I am not sure what to do with them yet, but I love some of the looks that people are coming up with in blog land.




Linking here to these awsome blog parties



9 comments:

  1. Looks great Sarah - I saw Spotlight had 50% off decorations, and yes yours definately looks better than the mass produced ones.
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks fantastic! It's not often I see such great bargains on Aussie blogs-you have done very well!

    Have a great weekend!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! You've inspired me to try and make this! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is so cute...I love the blue ornaments you used...thanks for sharing at my "18 Days til Christmas" Linky party..

    I'm your newest follower!


    www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/
    www.facebook.com/MyCrazyBeautifulLife.13
    www.pinterest.com/denyse13/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative and inexpensive and gorgeous to boot. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this great wreath...I did a cheap one too...so fun! Stop by and enter to win my heirloom ornament...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I thought I was doing well to make mine for $10!! I got my wreath at Spotlight too but I paid $7.99! I should have waited for the sale:)I will post pics of mine soon. School closes on Friday. God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty and inexpensive, what could get better than that. Wish there were Spotlights's out this way. You did and angel did a really great job. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best, and for sharing your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah, lovely job you did on your inexpensive wreath. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to produce something beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete